Thread: bed and walls
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
Dragonslayer140

You can purchase the luan plywood pre-covered with decorative vinyl and matching battens for the seams and inside and outside corners. the factory applied finish is better than you can do after the fact, and it is one full width sheet so no seams in the middle of a panel. You can also usually purchase matching self adhesive tape strips that can be used for covering over an error or if you gouge or tear the finish later. They actually blend in quite well and make a decent repair. We use this product in a lot of our modular office buildings we build. I am not sure but i think they make a version with a thin layer of foam to make it feel more soft, but I think that would not stand up well against rips.

There are also carpets designed and rated for walls and ceilings, these simply glue over the substrate, and can be a decent finish for a ceiling that absorbs noise well, or a wainscot on the wall.

beyond that there is a multitude of wood paneling, textured fiberglass reinforced panels, and even formica that could be use for a durable finish that is cleanable. It all depends on your taste and how much use and abuse the vehicle will see.

Dave
Dragonslayer140 is offline   Reply With Quote