View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
Bob86ZZ4

Hi Bill, welcome to Truck Conversion. I think each state is going to have their own laws that would regulate this. If you wanted to do that in MN I'm pretty sure you could. One of the concerns here is that you need a Class A license to drive it since it would have a gross veh. weight rating over 26k lbs. But MN would let you license it with weight rated plates. You also might have a problem parking it on a local street since some communities have rules about length/width parking if not loading/unloading. You'd also be restricted to driving it on truck routes in my town since it's over 16k lbs. rated GVWR. Now, you might be able to have it singled (one drive axle instead of two) and get the GVWR reduced to under 26k. That would help you avoid a bunch of problems I think. If you can make sure you can get it reduced. Might have to have a truck builder do that. I think Wayland Long at 2L Custom Trucks has knowledge of how this is done. Google him and call him. He's in Texas. Sounds like a cool truck.