View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 12:46 AM   #1
bchurch

Default new memeber to forum...complete newbie with some questions

Hello all. My name is Bill and I live in North Carolina. I have always been a fan of big rigs my whole life so this sorta led me to this idea i have in my head.... now i need to talk to you guys to tell me if this crazy idea will work or if it is even possible.
After driving 40ft diesel pusher motor coach and driving Fire trucks as a vol fire fighter i found i rather enjoy being in command of a large truck. I have recenty sold my last large pick-up...( Ford f-250 4x4 with 8 inch lift kit) and have been intrigued by the F-650's and the International CXT's. But looking at the price of some of these 'trucks' at over 100k for a non-working truck seems rediculous! I was trying to figure out a way to have the big truck feeling with a small pick-up truck price. ( i found that f-650's and cxt's are just big enough to carry the payment books home...)
Here's my crazy idea....i have found a 1994 freightliner columbia at an extremely good deal.....if i removed the fifth wheel and fabricated some sort of bed could this truck be titled as a weighted pickup?....i know most of this forum is for converting semi's to toter homes.. but i figured you guys were bound know alot more than my small knowledge .. .. i would not be useing this thing to tow a goose neck or 5th wheel trailer.....just to have the biggest truck in the sandbox so to speak...is this feasable?....do-able?....
bchurch is offline   Reply With Quote