Thread: Holding tanks
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #13
Dragonslayer140

Shorts, how long did it take you to pull off you whirlwind tour? The wife and I are thinking about scheduling a trip out to Indiana over a 4 day weekend this spring to tour some factories. I have the big three on my list, and we want to swing down to visit Hawk engineering. We have yet to fully make up our minds on how we will go about our conversion so I figured a trip to the factories will give us some more insight. So far we have three options in mind. 1. Buy a complete unit from a vendor (Wife likes this one because it will not involve me spending a lifetime draining our bank account until i get it finished. 2. Build it from scratch and have everything I want. 3. Find a company like Hawk that will build me a custom shell.

you mention you visited the custom sleeper companies... I have been wondering about that option as they are used to building boxes for just about any chassis that will survive loads of hard miles. thinking their cost for a custom shell would be pretty high though.

Any insight you have on which of the places you visited were worthwhile and which ones were not would be appreciated. Its a long trip out from the west coast and I want to make it worthwhile.

Thanks
Dave
Dragonslayer140 is offline   Reply With Quote