View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #6
#90-GTSC

Last summer I looked at a 1981 Prevost (I think it was a Marathon conversion). In 1996 it had a new engine and transmission installed and the Marathon factory (or whoever did the original conversion) did a complete update of the interior and updated the outside lights to bring it into the 20th century. I was really impressed how nice the coach looked ... looked like something less than 15 years old! I think the miles on the new engine and trans was in the 150K area; no idea of the miles on the chassis.

Price was $75,000. I suspect I could have horse traded to something less than that.

So if the park has a Class A only ... no hoods allowed policy ... I could show up with my $75,000 Prevost and "be welcome" but you guys who bought your $200K or $300K Renegades or NRCs or Showhaulers are going to get pointed down the road?

Doesn't seem right. But then its a free country and type of RV is not a protected class under any anti-discrimination laws I'm aware of!

If I get an under $100K Prevost, get it into an exclusive Class A, no hoods allowed park and any of you are in the area ... you're more than welcome to come and visit. Please bring your potato cannons and lets see who can get a potato the furthest out in the pond! Winner gets to blow the train whistle!
Started looking for 379 Peterbilt TC, 24' to 30' box, bumper pull--but ended up w/1999 Liberty Coach conversion of 45' Prevost XLV bus. 1,000sf heated/AC'd race shop w/dump station, 50amp shore pwr where bus parks, 3 NASCAR/ARCA race cars & 26' Bravo trailer.
#90-GTSC is offline   Reply With Quote