Thread: Frame Welding
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 11:08 PM   #80
Kenn

Default new pictures

Today I had the truck outside for the first time in nine weeks. I took pictures that include the compartment framing, the 1"x2" floor framing and all of the sheet metal installed. The floor framing will be lifted off the truck and set aside until later. You might see that it is inset 1/2" from the outside bodywork to make room for the FRP. The battery tray will hold four 6 volt golf cart batteries and I will be able to slide it part way out to help service and install them. I still need to make a hold down bracket but I will wait until I have the battries. I also spent some time making a piece to fill the gap between the bottom of the entry door and the electric steps. I need to make one for below the steps. It will need to fold up out of the way when the steps are out. I need a bigger brain for this one. I welded some flat bar on the diagonal to help keep things square when it is off the truck. It will all be removed after the box is welded back onto the lower unit. Next up will be to trial fit the entry door (I need extra hands for that one). I have ordered aluminum to build my holding tank (83 gal). When the tank is finished I will remove the floor framing and then remove the lower unit for welding and painting.
Attached Thumbnails
IM000381.jpg   IM000391.jpg   IM000392.jpg   IM000393.jpg  
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote