View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #24
Bob86ZZ4

Quote:
Originally Posted by #90-GTSC View Post
What kind of car do you run at BIR? We were up there crewing for a friend running in the Trans-Am series over Labor Day.
We're not in the same league, hahahahaha. I've got an '86 Vette that I had a 383ci forged motor, Trick Flow heads, TPIS mini-ram intake, manual valve body TH400 trans with a Gear Vendors overdrive behind that, Grand Sport brakes, tons of suspension stuff, etc.... I do some NCCC (National Council of Corvette Clubs) stuff, autocross, road HPDE stuff, etc.... No wheel to wheel. My son has a '99 Vette FRC (fixed roof coupe) that he's been building to run in the One Lap of America. Looks like we're going to do it this year. He's pretty familiar with most of the venues. He's had a 442ci LS motor built to the hilt (dyno'd at 590 rear wheel h/p on a chassis dyno). Normally aspirated and no nos. He's got a guy building it, John Boos (Boos Performance Home Page) that is about the best Vette builder there is. Huge Stop Tech 6 pot front brakes w/ 15" rotors, almost as big rear brakes, millions of dollars in chassis and aero mods, etc.... He's got dreams of winning or placing real high in the One Lap. He's a very good driver and the car has potential. If we can keep it together and on the road. He's done lots of track days but no "wheel-to-wheel" either. Which is fine since the One Lap isn't a w2w race either. One of the days is at Road America, you should come see us there. Check the schedule at One Lap of America - the Official Webpage .

Okay, enough thread hijacking.