Thread: Frame Welding
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 11:51 PM   #67
Kenn

Default more roll up doors

Today my sister helped me install the longer doors. I did one of the 45" ones by myself the other day and I was lucky not to damage the paint. The longest door is 69" and it hangs by threes straps. I don't have enough hands. We got all five doors on and working fine. Then I moved the truck outside to clean the shop and get some better pictures. On the passenger side the rear compartment will hold the generator, the small (17") door will be for the batteries and the big door will be storage or as we call it Mike's bedroom.. On the drivers side the rear compartment will be for the holding tank, dump valve and water pump. The compartment in front of the tire will be storage. We took the doors off, rolled them up with the same foam that they were shipped with and put them back in the boxes. I will not see them again until the project is almost done. They work just like I remembered on the fire rigs and the paint job looks great. My total cost was $2918. for the doors and $251.76 for shipping. After working with the doors I think I made the right decision to have them do the painting. Next up is to finish off the compartment framing.
Attached Thumbnails
IM000345.jpg   IM000348.jpg   IM000350.jpg   IM000351.jpg  
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote