View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
hot rod

Perception must come down to what you are looking for. I have been checking racingjunk daily for months looking for a cheap toter home (with gooseneck) and it seems to me all the cheap units I find are full boxes set up for a tag trailer, and I can't seem to find the right deal on a toter. Have you looked in the motorhome and hdt sections as well as the toterhome section?

My first thought was "why would you go to all that work", but thinking about it it really would not be too bad. A good toter is really only lacking a bedroom as most have all the amenities and the only bad part is the mini-bunk over the cab. As long as you start with a rear entry unit, that door becomes the door to the bedroom. The rear deck is usually about 9', just right for a bedroom with a queen sized bed. Use the existing side stepwell up to the deck to put in your new outside entry door. Really just need the box and some wiring for lighting, etc., all the plumbing and mechanicals are done and not needed in a bedroom. Should not really be a bad project. Trickiest part will be making the joint from the old box to the new presentable and match up where it does not look like you just welded a shack on the back of the truck.

Anyway, if you find a toter cheap enough for all that, let me know, I need one just as is.

Dave
hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote