View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 04:18 PM   #22
Mike McK

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonslayer140 View Post
Mike, if your still composing questions, you might ask if the owner knows what the front and rear axle weights are. that will give you an idea of how much extra capacity you have on the front axle, and then you will have some idea of your total weight going down the road once you add your trailer with your toys. I am always surprised at how much "stuff" gets packed away trip after trip adding to the total. If everything else looks good, then nothing will give you a better feel then taking it for a test drive. Not sure where it is located but hopefully you can find a long enough hill to give you an idea of power and to make sure the gears are not too far apart for decent hill climbing.
Sorry I wasn't clear,the question list was for the owner. Only want to have that discussion once If possible. Trucks in Va. so probably plenty of hills. :{)
As far as stuff!
Beer, Roll away tool box, Drag Radials, Slicks, Standard tires (needs to fit in the trailer, jacks, copmpresser, Beer, Generator, Beer, Various spares.
Did I mention Beer?
Mike
Mike McK is offline   Reply With Quote