View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #6
Warpath

Doc, I remember you just beginning your conversion, glad to hear your out rolling on the roads of this country. I saw some posts about your generator issues, I had genie issues as well on my trip out west in my 2011 class C so new doesn't always guarantee that it will work.

sbphoto, the M2 conversion (lower pic) was sold back in 2006. That conversion had a Mercedes 300 hp / 960 torque with 6 speed Allison automatic towing a jeep. It weighed in at about 34,500 lbs and I got tired of being in way on the highway every time I came across a rolling hill. It was a dog. That rig got 9 mpg. The rig in the top pics had a M11 350 hp with a 10 speed manual and I got close to 12 mpg and could pull a 4% grades without leaving 10th. So size doesn't always mean better fuel economy, although many times it does.

Going through this process many times and having owned just about every type of RV we will definitely be taking our time and listing out every possible item we can think of and making sure it is exactly what we want.