View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 06:57 PM   #1
Warpath

Talking I'm Back! Did you miss me?

Hey Boys! Been playing around with traditional RV's for the past 5 years and it is time to build another conversion. I see there has been major attrition in the conversion mfg arena, there where alot of good companies and they all did a piss poor job of marketing as well as targeting new markets. These companies made no attempt to diversify themselves other than just playing in the racer market and they paid the price. I remember when Racingjunk.com had under a 100 rigs and now there are 600+. Well I guess it leaves the door open for new players.

So we are in the planning stages and the main decision was who would we go with and no surprise to many of you it will be ShowHauler. Talking with Lonnie, he has the same excitement for the company, what they are doing and building conversions as he did 10 years ago when we built our first conversion. Also like what I heard as far as product improvements go such as powder coated undercarriage, welding box frame to truck frame versus u bolting, making it one solid unit, the have also brought in structural engineers to help them build stronger boxes. I also like how flexible they are to allow us to really build a custom RV. So much new stuff I plan to run up to the factory in a week or two to see all of the changes. Since I am involved with the aftermarket side of the business they are interested in possible innovations in that area.

Anyway I am very excited to go through the build process once again and plan to take our time to get this right.

Bill