View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 07:18 PM   #9
Turbo

I know I am bring life to an old thread but a google search brought me to this. I have a Dodge Ram I did a rear end swap on to a Dana 70HD with 19.5" 6 lug DWR Wheels. It has Bendix Disk Brakes. I have been able to narrow it down but still not completely sure what this rear end came out of. It has a manufacturing date of 6-14-87 and the 8R tires where dated 1991 so I know its been sitting around for a while now. I have had it on the truck for about 10 months. I have been able to track down parts such as a locking diff, brake pads, calipers, and rebuild kits. I believe I have even been able to find Chrome and Polished center caps and simulators. I had the wheels powder coated black and going with chrome centers and lug caps.

No mater how much I have been able to find for this rear end, I would love to know what it came out of. I had to obviously do modifications to make it work in the Dodge, like spring perches and shock mounts, but it went in without too much trouble. It is pretty narrow and does rub the inner fenders but, I plan on tubing the bed some so I can run wider tires.

My biggest question is, any idea what this rear end came from? Also, any idea if there are any Alloy or Aluminum wheels available out there? I would love to reduce the rotating weight for fuel mileage benefits. Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin
Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote