View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 07:32 PM   #283
Nomadic Wolfy

Smile

The price of solar panels can change daily, I'm always on the look out for something better then what I have, but to answer the questions:

1. Amazon.com: HQRP KIT (85 Watt Solar Panel 85W Power 12V Monocrystalline 12 Volt, Solar 10A Charge Power Controller / Regulator 12V / 24V 10 Amp) + HQRP Coaster: Automotive <--- That's what I started with. It's expensive. But it is Mono crystalline. It is well constructed, and I believe it will serve me well for a very long time.

Also, the panel by it's self has shot up in price since my purchase, and I doubt I will be going that route again. It's a great panel, and the charge controller works well. I recommend it for a newbie, or someone who's just looking for some extra juice with no fuss.

2. Solar Panels - Best Prices
I love this site, as you can see great deals can be found!

3. Canadian Solar 295w solar panel, CSI solar module 295w
If I had the cheese, I'd order 4 of these today.

I did not buy my current panel with much self control. I admit it was a Impulse buy, because I was sick of idling to bring my house batteries back up to 90%. (4*115 AH)

As we all know gas is super expensive.

Since I have installed the panel I haven't had to idle once for power.
Not one time. Even on cloudy days, It takes in enough juice for my vent fan to run 24/7 to keep my van cool, Plus a little left over. Between the panel and my normal driving habits the house batteries
have remained full, or nearly so since. I do not own a Genny at this time.

I did not post the size or manufacturer here, as following the link will provide all that information.

as of 3 weeks ago that panel by it's self was 294. SO you can see it has gone up in price quite a bit. (It is a China made product... I wasn't so thrilled about that...)

That's how solar is.

Be wary also that, sometimes in order to get the deal you have to order a minimum amount of panels. The panel I posted here (from DM solar) does not have that restriction. You can order just one.

Sorry it took so long to reply, have been busy working my tale off.

~N.W.~
Nomadic Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote