View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 04:23 PM   #2
hot rod

My experience with Budd wheels goes back to the 80's on GM medium duty trucks, and may be only generally comparable to your truck. You are correct in the assembly order of the studs/nuts/wheels. Not sure on your wrench sizes though. I know the one good thing I can remember on those is you can change the rear outer with out a jack, you just drive the inner up on a block and remove the outer wheel.

My opinion is to always carry tools on the road. Particularly a specialty tool that may be needed for my vehicle. On the other hand, if you are not changing the tire your self, you are going to need a semi tire type tire service and they should have the correct jack and tools to do the job. You might not like the price though. Just assume AAA is out of the question on your truck. Also, some of those nuts are all but impossible to get off without an air impact wrench, or 2 guys and a really long cheater pipe on the wrench. But when it comes down to it, if that $40 tool gets you out of one pinch in your life, it was worth having it in the toolbox.
hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote