Thread: Wall Slide
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 12:24 PM   #68
377pete

Hello everyone, been way toooo busy lately. ( Actually we were on vacation) Ha !! okay back at it though, but wholly cow, my vp44 fuel injection pump went out on my 99 Dodge diesel, what a scam $1000 bucks for a rebuilt unit it's crazy, I'm in the wrong business, sorry just needed to vent !!! regarding my height limitations, I agree that it certainly causes an issue, I don't recall what my height was I know I measured it a while back, but I never intended to put anything on my roof, I am using the ceiling of the trailer for my utilties, wiring and cooling ducts, I figure about 18" I will have to use and then of course insulate, my thoughts were to get a nose mounted cooling unit/generator i.e. used thermo king or small cooling units you see on delivery trucks something similar to the big boys with the high dollar race trailers, only the outer shell will LOOK high dollar. I shopped for about a year on the trailer and specifically wanted something with no side doors, plus I did not want a double drop, my floor is flat all the way to the fifth wheel area, I wanted to install the windows and doors anywhere I wanted and side doors I figured side doors would create more work, just my way of thinking. I think I got a pretty good deal for the trailer, $4500 delivered to my back yard. I really never thought about getting into campgrounds to much, I'm sure it will create some challenges, but remember my unit will have 17 feet of garage space, our Primary use will be at the Glamis sand dunes, and Lake Havasu (easy parking at both locations) but for anywhere else I can load the family vehicle in the back, this way we'll have transportation whenever we get to where we're going. So I'll just find a nice quiet location to park, then drop the car out the back. fastavenger sorry what do you mean "mill" on your question
377pete is offline   Reply With Quote