View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 12:28 AM   #12
mekanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgorila1 View Post
Nice build Mekanic! How much did you pay for the Uhaul box? I wonder how one would fit/look on the back of an HDT (would have to be one without the overhang)?
Ok so I have to tell you I consider myself a professional tightwad. I live by myself. and really watch big phurchases.
Now when I went to dream about this project I should tell you I have only tent camped up untill now, so what will make me comfortable is probibly on a whole different level than what most people who have RVs level of comfort.
I do not plan on installing a bathroom or even a sink in my vehicle.
Just a nice big comfy (queen size) bed, fridge, Microwave, genset, 110V outlets, flatscreen TV, dvd player and a fold down table.
So I found a 1994 F-700 with a 32,700 GVW which is a little higher than I wanted but it has the 5.9L cummins that I wanted. the truck has 107K on it and it runs like new. No A/C but I can live with that.
Truck?? Try $2500. No joke.
The box is your typical U-hbaul box it is not dent free but doesn't look to bad.
The box was $1500.
I have bought 3 windows on Fleabay for less than $100 INCLUDING shipping!
these are camper windows really not house windows.
All in all I should end up with less than 8,000 in this truck.
I kind of like the heavyness of the truck as I could tow basicly anything I can attach to the bumper hitch without a problem.
This truck has a double frame and good air brakes.
mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote