View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #9
Bob86ZZ4

It's an Amana rv type unit. I got it at Camping World. Whirlpool Corporation - Amana 22" Sealed Range - Black Top - Ranges & Cooktops - Camping World

It's kind of neat because it uses one of those piezo type spark ignitions for the burners, similar to a gas grill. So you don't need any 12v hookup, just the gas. There is a pilot light for the oven but I foresee just lighting that when we need to use the oven, that's how we did it with our Allegro. I got the 22" one so it's got the tallest oven. But they make a 16" one that would have left more room underneath for storage. In hindsight that might have been the better route. I should have taken Mrs. to the store when I went so she could check each one and see if the shorter one would be okay. Oh well.

It seems like more and more builders are going to the electric convection microwaves and getting away from the gas ovens. I guess if the conv. ones are bigger that might be okay, but mine is a pretty small unit. Also they require generator use or hookups for all cooking. I think having that gas oven is better for our lifestyle.