View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 12:27 AM   #10
Kenn

I am building my motorhome in my home shop. The shop is 24' x 40' with the back 9' devided into two rooms. One room is for my noisy air compressor and storage. The other room, or area, is for my lathe and work benches. The shop door is 10' high and 12' wide with an overhead clearance of 11'. I will be building in three stages. First I will do all of the mechanical work on the truck then I will add 5' to the rear of the truck frame then build the floor framing and compartments below the floor. Stage two will be to park the truck outside and build the living quarters that will look much like a truck camper. The final stage will be to move the "camper" outside and back the truck under it. I also have a separate 24' x 14' garage that will help with tools, materials and stuff. I know I will spend a lot of time moving things out of the way. My finished motorhome will be 30' and my work area is 31' so I plan to pull the truck part of the way out each day to gain work space. I thought long and hard before deciding to try such a big build in such a small shop. I have built boats and trailers in to small of space in the past so I think I know what is in my future. I am sure at some point I will ask "what was I thinking". I am glad that I can do the work at home.
Attached Thumbnails
IM000485.jpg   IM000506.jpg   IM000460.jpg   IM000343.jpg  
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote