View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 05:45 PM   #1
Bob86ZZ4

Default I'm putting an oven in my rv where there was none

My truck was built with a 2 burner cooktop set into the counter top. And a microwave above. No oven. The first thing I did was convert the microwave to a convection/microwave. That's only been somewhat succesful. The oven is too small for proper baking and MrsBob86ZZ4 does not like baking in it. She's been wanting a regular gas oven, like we have at home and like we had in our old Allegro. So, that's my big project this winter. I cut out the counter top and took apart the drawers and cupboard first:

I didn't take any pictures before starting, sorry. This first picture also shows some of the 2x4 framing I put in for the oven.

I used a bunch of L brackets and 1" screws. And some glue too.

I had to do some fancy framing and notching to allow the hot air hose to keep that heat going into the bathroom.

[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_-wX3ZrJaA20/TVr-QP29R4I/AAAAAAAAM_0/YKJb_2islsA/s640/SDC11363.JPG[img]

And here's the new stove in place:

The gas line from the original cooktop is almost perfect in the spot to connect to the new stove. I've got to shorten it about an inch and re-flare the end. The new stove has ignitors similar to a barbecue grill so it doesn't need a 12v supply. That section on the right side I'm going to panel in and build a nice door for it so we can store cookie/baking sheets there. The area underneath I'm just going to cover up, not enough room to build any storage space into that. We're losing our silver wear drawer but we've got a basket kind of thing that we plan to just leave on the dinette table with our flatware in it. I'd love to have more drawers/cupboards but that's the breaks. When I unhooked the gas line I saw whoever put it together at the builder used pipe putty in the flare! Shame on him. Flare fittings aren't supposed to have any dope on them.