Thread: New Guy
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 07:51 PM   #6
Sandmancw

Thanks everyone for the welcomes.

Eskimo- I chose the Chariot because I was impressed with the quality of the craftsmanship. The cabinets are solid wood, not particle board with a veneer on it. They use a Freightliner chasis which is built specially in the factory for motor home conversion not cut later from a tractor. Was also impressed with the list of standard features, yes, it may be a little more expensive but I feel it is worth it.

My chasis is a Freightliner Columbia(2008 model) with a Detroit Diesel 60 series(515 horses under the hood) engine.I have dual rear axles. The motor home conversion is a 2010 so the whole rig is titled as a 2010. It is all electric, no propane tank. So as a result I have 12kw generator for when I do not have 50 amp service. Have most of the extras, in motion satellite with HD receivers in both livingroom and bedroom. Have aqua hot which is something new to me, but I think I will like it. It provides heat, hot water and can preheat the engine. Extra large shower for my extra large body( working on making it smaller). King size bed. Have both water and electric cord power reels, not necessary but nice to have.

Will post more and better pictures once we start using it. First weekend trip will be in January.