Thread: New guy...
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 10:18 PM   #2
Bob86ZZ4

Great to have more t/c people! We bought a class A Allegro gasser in '04. My boys were 15 and 13 and I wanted to take a cross country trip with them before it was too late. Big trip we covered 4500 miles in 3 weeks that summer. Several lesser trips. Had been admiring t/c's since seeing my first one at the race track in about '99. Always thought they were the coolest things but never figured I'd be able to buy one. Over the years of owning our Allegro I decided the only coach to get from that would be a t/c. My older boy and I bought a enclosed car trailer in '08 so we could both bring our Vettes to the track and get the r/v there too. We figured out that gasser was going to fall apart fast pulling the trailer. Then the economy went down the toilet just at the right time. I started shopping t/c's spring of '09 and stole mine from an awesome dealer, Wright-Way Trailer Sales, Hiawatha, Iowa. Doug our salesperson took great care of us and I still feel bad about how low he let me have it for. Before the economy tanked I had figured I wouldn't be able to get a t/c until closer to my retirement when I could justify the purchase with more use. Took me 6 months to sell my Allegro and I let it go much cheaper than if the economy was good. But I knew that would happen and still came out ahead on everything.

I think it's great that you are planning on a t/c. They clearly are a very great platform to build an r/v on. Just don't go touting that on one of those other camper sites. They tried to kill me for that awhile back. I sure hope you're able to get one sooner than later. If you're ever in MN look me up and you're welcome to drive mine (if the roads are clear, we just got 23" of snow yesterday so mine is tucked in my shop waiting for spring).