View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 07:46 PM   #1
RemoteBroadcaster

As my nickname would suggest, I'm in the remote broadcasting field. Personally though, I have always dreamed of building a KILLER motorcoach, but one that could serve a dual purpose, doing double duty on occasion in my particular line of business. First I was drawn towards Haulmark, having see a couple of their vehicles used by NBC for Sunday Night Football. But my luck in dealing with them has been most unimpressive...like ZERO response. Next stop was Optima...exactly the opposite of Haulmark...GREAT response. And I really like what I've seen of their construction methods (all-aluminum vs. FRP/Gelcoat). I'd love to hear any comments or thoughts on the "Optima way" vs. FRP...plus any other direction I should be looking towards. This will be a 41'. single axle garage type vehicle, not too far off the beam in any strange direction. Mainly it will have a big deak instead of a dinette, a murphy style king-size bed in a separate bedroom that folds up into a wall, revealing another desk that could be used for 3 people to broadcast from. Only about a 3' garage behind that for purposes of stacking gear. I'm also interested in hearing any thoughts about 2007 vs.2008 truck, havig read some horror stories on here from earlier in the model year. Are those problems fixed yet. Freightliner Columbia vs. MS vs. Volvo? I want maximum fuel economy (like to see 10 per gallon is possible.) Benz engines vs. ? ANYTHING else...I'm new at this...and vulnerable! Optima comes with great testimonials. Any negatives I should be aware of. I'm looking at a $250K budget...and am a serious buyer.

Many thanks to the forum in advance.
RemoteBroadcaster is offline   Reply With Quote