View Single Post
Old 08-27-2003, 07:59 AM   #11
Warpath

I picked up the truck last night.

The clutch was just a adjustment, new linkage, and some vibration isolators that had worn out. I almost stalled it when I started out due to the different engagemnt position. It works great and I am really happy with that. The only problem (minor) is the new adjustment linkage they put in rattles pretty loud at 1200 + RPM so I need to fix that.

The only thing they did to the trannie was replace the old fluid with synthetic and replace the rubber isolaters on the shifter. I still have the vibration at 1400 plus rpm's but you really only notice it in 9th and that is only when you are driving in that gear, not shifting through it. So I am pretty happy.

I spoke to the owner of the FL dealer, he did the test drive and he said the thing drives like a Cadillac and for a truck with 1/2 million miles on it handled like it was new. He also reminded me that it is a truck, not a mini van. I think I sometimes try to tweak things just a little to far. BTW he loved the front air suspension and the he mention that the Gear Master made it easy to figure out where the shift points where on this engine/trannie combo.

Last week I picked up a 2000 F-350 duelly w/ Powerstroke deisel and I can say the Show Hauler definetly has a smoother ride.

Now for the Pac Brake. Two thumbs up here. It is perfect for this application. I only had one steep grade to really test it, but it worked perfect. I would normally have to hit the top of the hill at 35 mph and brake all of the way down. (There is a stop about 100 yards after it flattens out) This time I hit it at 45 in 9th and never touched the brakes other than to make a normal stop. I did test it on some small hills in the highway which would usually require one stab of the brakes to stop from going over 65 and again it slowed me up just perfect. The other nice thing is the only noise you hear is a air hissing noise, so I am sure I am good around those no engine brake areas.

I guess all I have left to do now is run the sucker.

Bill

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote