View Single Post
Old 10-19-2004, 04:04 PM   #6
dspainter

Not yet. Had a medical set back and am in the middle of chemo. We also have 2 kids that are not quiet out of the nest. But we all know the next nest will be on wheels. I appreciate all the info this site provides. There is a lot of information you have to have control of before you decide on a vehicle and the full time lifestyle. April/04 we looked at a 26' renegade in Sacramento and that seems to be the right length. We plan to tow a car. We also would like things that the racecar guys don't worry about. Thermopane windows and an oven under the stove, a really good bed and sofabed and a small vanity for my computer and make-up. That is probably the first time "Make-up" has been mentioned on this forum. I know I will require the freedom transmission with out a clutch pedal. The other thing I want to do is add a designers touch to the inside. We plan to live in the vehicle 24/7 and want it as "homie" as home but with only one bathroom. Don't get me wrong, I like the simplicity I see and happy to not see "veined" mirrors etc that you see in the class A's.
My husband likes the engine in the front for access and weight control opposed to a Class A. We had a doghouse for the engine in our last RV, never again. Also the class A has a hot engine under the bed in the back. You get an idea of where our discussions have lead us. The truck conversions pop up on the forums at RV.net and Escapees.com as mainstream RVer's look at this category.
Thanks so much for the info.

Donna
dspainter is offline   Reply With Quote