View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 06:19 AM   #3
rjdhomes

Rockdale, you will find that the nicer conversions hold their value unbelievably better than anything else out there. When I appraise a used Renegade- I figure out what I would have sold the unit new at, I deduct 5% to 10% for the first year, 5% for the second year- than nothing after that. I then add for any profit I would need, and my customers see those figures. My partner (who sells used trucks) thinks I'm nuts, but that formula works on most units. If a motorhome is really beat and not taken care of- it would hold less value. These motorhomes hold together great and the chassis are basically retired the day they are built. Another reason I believe they hold their value better is that our profit margins are less than traditional motorhome dealers. NADA does not get enough data from dealers to accurately reflect prices. I have an input form for NADA and I am guilty of not getting info to them. Some financial institutions go by that book, we have plenty of banks that know our product and we do not have too many problems getting financing.

Bob Dill
Owner of Westside Motorcoach
rjdhomes is offline   Reply With Quote