View Single Post
Old 01-01-2006, 08:16 PM   #19
Tim H.

I am in Texas and currently have a 40ft Hyline Premier. It has a GVW of 15,565. I pull it with an 03 4X4 Dodge quad cab dually. I have a weigh ticket on a certified Cat scale of 22,500 lbs of the entire rig. Thats with empty holding tanks, a full tank of fuel, my dog, son and load excluding the wife. I am about to buy a 95 Volvo day cab single axle tractor, M11 Cummins and Fuller 10 speed. With all of the weights and laws floating about I have the same question. Do I need a license other than my class C. I see other converted toters in my park (yes, I am a full timer) and they just sport a regular tag and inspection sticker. What would I need to do, if anything, to the title and/or truck to make it legal for a private toter.

I am all about legal, and I am not commercial in any streatch of the imagination. this truck would also have to be used as an everyday driver (pickup rather, it will get a fabricated bed on it) so are there any other requirements for that. The Dodge, altho a great truck would have to go if I buy this truck. The deal has been made, I just havent paid for it yet and want to cover all the bases before I do.
Tim H. is offline   Reply With Quote