View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 04:44 PM   #1
Hancock Racing

I very much appreciate all of the feedback that I have received from this site. I wanted to see if you guys could help me. I read in a different post a similar question, but I am in a different position.

My Toterhome is used to pull a 48' lounge trailer. We do use it to transport a racecar. We do not use it as a commercial vehicle of any sort. No big name sponsor etc. (It does have Hancock Racing, but no phone number etc., just our family name)

What type license is required to drive this type vehicle, if it is not for hire, and not used to make any money, what would it fall under. It was registered and insured as an RV. I have heard many different stories from many different people, but am unsure what is right. I have even spoken to our local CDL training office, as well as numerous calls and emails to the DOT and have basically received the same response. "Don't Know"

The previous owner of the truck told me that he never stopped at scales, and that the truck did not require a DOT number; however there is a number on the truck. Could this have been before he had it converted? Should I remove it?
The number I believe is 6657B

The previous owner raced motorcycles, and I wondered if it was for that, but it looks to me to be some type of regulation number. He told me his DOT number for his other commercial vehicles, and it did not match, so I don't know what it is. I hoped that you could help.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

4.91 / 8.00

Real Outlaw drag racers refuse to use wheelie bars

Some just say we are plain CRAZY!

Hancock Racing is offline   Reply With Quote