View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 06:16 AM   #12
Warpath

Actually, the GVWR is the same on my Vectra as it was on my last conversion.

The big difference with the Vectra is the Independent Front Suspension along with Air Ride on the front axle. And to be honest the Vectra starts to ride real nice with full fuel, water, and the bays filled with crap. One thing that kills the stability of a pusher is the independent air level adjusters and the huge 1/2" airlines they use to tranfer that air quickly from side to side. This gives you alot of lean and instability in high speed corners and on secondary roads. Also allows the wind to push you around quite abit. We just found a product called Super Steer Motion Control Units and did a 2500 mile test with these installed and the improvement in stability, cornering and wind is so dramatic I cannot even believe it. This chassis easily out performs my other 2 conversions in every aspect now.

Don't get me wrong, I am not here to say motorhomes are better than conversions or vice versa. If your not someone towing a trailer and your not pounding out 50,000 plus miles a year and you plan to live in the thing quite abit there are some pushers out there you should probably take a look at.

Gary is right about the family seeing a motorhome and loving the huge amount of space you gain by having the motor in the rear.

To me conversion companies need to get there heads out of their (add expletive here) and make that decision alot harder by adding the systems and niceties that motorhomes have. But hey if they have so much business and they don't need more than I guess they don't need to.