View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 05:50 PM   #1
BravestDog

I'm trying to get an idea of what small cars would be a good idea to put inside a class truck conversion.

I like the Toyota Xb. They remind me of a mini Suburban or Excursion at a small scale. They can comfortably seat 4 big adults and a dog in the back.

Toyota Xbox measures 13' long, 5'6 in width and height, 65" wheelbase and weigh 2,400lbs.

Mini coopers are 12' long, 5'6 wide, 4'7 high and weigh 2,700lbs.

If you built an inside garage for the Xb at say 14 0r 15' long, how much length would you have for the conversion if you wanted to stay under 40' total (CA laws for standard license) and how much could you put inside that area? Is there enough room for a couch, diner, kitchen, bathroom...?

What would be the choices on how to get it into the back of the truck? Ramps or a lift?

How much would a platform lift cost like the ones that become the rear door? They seem really nice. When you are not using the lift, it could be used as an observation platform, dining area...
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote