Thread: Hey Boys
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 11:40 AM   #1
Warpath

I know I have not been around much, peek in from time to time, but have been slaving away on the new rig as well as getting a few outings in over the last 2 months.

We are leaving for a week and half to the U.P. of Michigan tomorrow for some R&R and sight seeing.

I have been putting the M2 through it's paces and really did that a few weeks ago in the mountains of West Virgina. Not use to the automatic quite yet I smoked the brakes on the way into Seneca Rocks. With some huge long grades and behind a real slow truck I should have manually down shifted the trannie to get even more engine braking. Anyway, on the way out we used that technique and had no issues with over heated brakes. The motor gets stronger and stronger on every outing, still no hot rod, we fared pretty well in the mountains. Depending on how things go over the next few thousand break in miles, I might take it in and have it wicked up to the 330 hp.

Other than a few minor issues that I have encountered with the motorhome, I absolutely love this thing. The ride is awesome, cab is super quiet, love the big windshield, great maneuverability and awesome the layout.

I have done about 20 plus mod's to this thing so far, everything from adding mud flaps to a electric lift on the bed. Never realized how much I did to the old one till I had to setup this one up with everything the old one use to have.