View Single Post
Old 11-02-2002, 08:18 AM   #1
chuck

Thought I would check into this forum as it speaks to what I have been working on. I purcahsed a class 8 Volvo that is a twin to Jim Gehlens, M-ll 610 with a straight 10 spd. 404,000 miles Knight transportataion truck.

Drove it home without a problem and am a none clutch shifter without too many mishaps.

I have the truck at Bayer auto in Elrosa Mn where the frame has been shortened and the lead axel removed. They are making a tow body for me.

The tow body will hou a diesel powered battery charger (ample power genie) 4 8D agm batteries, a 2500 watt inverter. It will be the power source for the fiver. It will have the ample power battery management controls in the cab. It controls the genie, and directs the charge to either the house or truck batteries.

status is the body is complete being primed this weekend. Painted next week. The volvo is being buffed and waxed, air ride seat installed in the passenger side.

I have a new digital camera and a web page, when I learn how to post to my web page I will do so.
probably not to the end of the week when the bed comes out of the paint shop.

when all is complete I will post the costs of the truck body and the quote is considerably less than others that I received. But want to wait until I see the finished product before I reccomend my supplier.

Chuck
chuck is offline   Reply With Quote