View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 10:28 PM   #2
KAYE RIVERCITY

.....hate it!....drips condinsation if inside humidity goes above outside humidity or if outside temp drops below inside temp....because of NO Thermal Resistance. No way to prevent it....insulation should be at least an R15 or 2'' polyisocynate insulation in roof that is water proof and will not collect water-styro will keep water inbetween spaces between beads....moisture is a big problem in any trailer/conversion/motorhome and most builders ignore it.....there are a lot of used units that have bad water damage that is due to condinsation/mold and not roof leakage....Open/janged FRP will bow inside if there is a leak in the seam that is not sealed....I have fixed 4 fiberglass bubbles in the last year for friends-I use a vacuum machine and inject the area with liquid resin-patient type job but they are friends and now they OWE me!.....I have repaired fiberglass boats that leaked between the layers and froze over the winter the same way....The other issue is MOLD and I have a way of killing it off with out making a mess....more later....geofkaye