View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 03:04 PM   #11
MikeinWV

Now that IS an article! This is exactly what I want to avoid.

If all things work out and everyone just loves my business plan and they give me money to start this business... There is absolutely no freaking way I would screw up an entire weekend and loss of cash flow for this. I will pay my fees and I will also go to a driving school (insurance anyone?) to make sure that I am the best, and most compliant, trucker on the road. I would have to support my business and ultimately my ever expanding family with this business. I see no reason to try and get by (not implying anything here). I will do it right or I will find something else to try.

I guess the moral of the story is..., there is no way I would gamble on something as (relatively) easy to complete is this process. It is a cumbersome, red tape filled nightmare I know. But, it can be done with a little effort. I know that this meets the scope of THEIR definition of a commercial enterprise.

My only real complaint with all of this is that they (govt dept) need to get together once in a while and abandon their silos and think, "what does someone need to have that has never done this before?". I know, something like a decision tree that will identify all of the competing regulations and tell a person exactly what they need to do to get a business off the ground!
MikeinWV is offline   Reply With Quote