View Single Post
Old 12-21-2003, 09:47 PM   #8
geof

.....There are ways of limiting the exposure to the cold without costing a bundle...one being a heat tape and another being a submersible tank heater like in a horse watering bucket but using a timer or another type of thermostat......then there is an electric toilet which uses no water and doesn't need a black water tank they are about $1500.00 currently on sale. Gray water tank can be reduced in size by using a small macerator pump and a water hose to carry away waste gray water. Potable water tanks can be inside of the coach/trailer and can have a heater as well. Where the most problems happen is in the water lines they freeze quickly so a heater tape will do or installation inside a heated coach-there used to be a instant hot water system that had a large supply line to the supply valve and a small return line back to the tank on the hot water side. We had one when I grew up but I can't remember the manufacture-but we had hot water as soon as the valve was opened. If you really stop to think about it--in winter camping you only need warm water anyway.....everyone I know drinks bottled water anyway these days.....geof
geof is offline   Reply With Quote