View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 10:10 PM   #20
KAYE RIVERCITY

....loose fill with glue or without-settles and has issues with moisture and MOLD....we no longer use shreaded newspaper" in walls because of the liability issue.[as per our insurer] Bubblewrap has No ASHRE certification that I have found. SPF and Foam board are the only products that I'd use for Coach building. Spray can foam is good also for small spaces. The issue of noise can be overcome by using "white noise generators"- I use one personally in an electrostatic air cleaner made by Crystal-aire....It's the same thing as a SMOKETTRE for use in bars and restraunts to keep the cigarette smoke form being overpowering....as far as external noise is concerned...pick a good campground that enforces the rules....No noise after 11pm...Additionally limit windows-glass it is like drum head-reflects the vibrations....SPF and Foam board also have fire an smoke ratings which many insulations don't have as the [RVAA] associations are a little lax in enforcement......as far as an insulation that is light weight and limited thickness we have been looking at the space shuttle tiles-but there isn't a manufacture that produces it in a 4X8 sheet that we have found....when there as a market for the insulation we will carry it-as for now your options are rather limited and the most cost effective/safe/durable/installable is SPF or Polyisonate Foam Board......If there is anything out on the market I will have a hundred salesmen knocking at the door....geof