Thread: Slide outs
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 09:40 PM   #13
KAYE RIVERCITY

......the one slide system I saw in Lawrenceburg looked like the slides from a Snap-on tool box ....only larger...much larger and were on each end of the slide out....the hydraulic cylinder just moved the weight of the slide....it was quite large and heavy.....the slider system did the actual alignment of the slide.......seemed to me that the only time that the slide alignment is critical is then it reaches it's furtherest or closed position....OTT there seemed to be some play involved but upon close or full open they kinda wobbled back and forth a little......I saw a Military trailer that had slides.....they called it an "EXPANSIBLE VAN, TRAILER" pulled by a 5 ton tractor....they were hand crankers....or driven by 24vt electric wrenches....BUT they were very well designed and fool proof with generator and air conditioning....I don't know if they are still in inventory or not we had one at our Ft. Knox recycle yard for years and now it has been scrapped out as it was aluminum-[viet nam style]......geofkaye