View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 06:24 AM   #6
Vern396

Hey Spooner

I figured you would come knocking on the door. Something about a Pete just draws a crowd.

I've seen the pictures of your conversion and have always thought a high rise sleeper could be stretched to make a conversion. Keep posting your progess so as to motivate me to keep working to get mine done.

My Pete has a 48" flattop that is going to have to go to make room for the conversion box.

You indicated that your conversion is going to be 34'and that you remeoved the intermediate drive axel. Have you, or are you going to, stretch the frame as well?

I'm planning on a 28'conversion, but I'm concerned with the wheel base. From the back of my truck cab to the back of the tires on my last drive axle is 16' +/- a few inches. That will leave me with about 12' behind the wheels which I'm afraid may be too much. I too want to pull a tag trailer for the toys (69 Chevelle, SS 396), so I may have to stretch the frame. I've also though about pulling the intermediate axle out, but like the idea of having the additional tires on the ground and locking differential for traction in swampy pits. I've pulled out of some fine messes with the way the truck is configured now, so I may just leave well enough alone. What do you think?
Vern396 is offline   Reply With Quote