View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 10:11 AM   #6
cjc

Those are the problems built in to a trailer. Mine is a Showhauler garagecoach. Almost every truck conversion that I've seen and especially the garage units, have long back ends behind the rear axle. Every one of the major truck converters does not do enough to prevent damage to the back end that are experienced in everyday driving. I'm not talking about abuse here, just normal road and campground conditions. And while on this subject, why would anybody who has been building these things for any length of time not talk a potential customer out of building a long garage unit with a single rear axle? It's an injustice to the guy putting up the big money and they should know better. I ended up adding a retractable tag axle at a cost of around $6500 and hoped that my ass end dragging days were over. Obviously the next step is necessary which is to cut away part of the back end. I have a whole list of screw ups that never should have happened, but did. Maybe our web host and what at times, seems to be best friend of Showhauler, would like to comment. I'm sure that others have had these same experiences, but for whatever reason have refused to comment on them.
cjc is offline   Reply With Quote