View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 10:53 AM   #2
Marc

Hello & Welcome to the forum. I have heard several conversations about all the materials used inside the living space.I agree on the flooring/subflooring. But in reality there is very little to none naturel materials. Its a shame but the bean
counters at these places are always going cheap,cheaper then cheapest. There are several High End Mfgs.that will do them just like a true old school custom home. Just for the heck of it I have on several occasions sat down with a legal size note pad and you would be shocked of what they are putting in materials from plastic plumbing tubing & manifolds to the
ceiling materials and every where in between.I even saw the duct work for heat & ac just last year made out of a foil wrap around a loose yellow fiber material on the inside of the duct and it was assembeld with some of the nasty funkiest glue
I ever saw. The old story applies: You get what you pay for!! There is no such thing as being able to use good & cheap in the same sentence. There are guys out there "DOING THE RIGHT THING" just gotta find em. Good Luck in your search.