View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 09:19 PM   #8
geofkaye

....._STICK WITH WHAT WORKS FOR OTHERS_....use the info from others to outfit your rig.....I use a freezer which opens on top....I use a timer/thermostat to run it at nite for a few hours to get the thing down to -20 or so and it keeps the next 3-4 days-without running. The freezer made here in Ohio called Woods and it is a foam surrounded 5 cubic ft. chest type.....washer/dryer is a Splendid that is a 120 volt machine it is on rollers so I can roll it outside and hook up to a hose and use it outside.....or if not going on a long trip I can leave it at home-or use a Laundromat....flexibility is the key to comfortable travel-fuel savings-and having the things you need on the trip and no more.....I now am playing around with a propane fired hot water heater that is big enough for a whole house.....constant hot water at 4.0 gallons a minute with 940 gallons per 20# cylinder....made by Bosch....I have 20 gallons of water in trailer[electric HWH] and 125 gallons on the tractor bed for extra should the girlz need to wash their hair-[which takes 20 gallons at least]....I have no cold water or cold water piping-as I have no use for it only hot water....simple and fool proof. Electric toilet that needs to be burned off 2 times a day at most...microwave and an small outdoor stainless grill-8 chairs and a plastic top table and some couches and a TV with a satellite antenna......a cooler for fresh food with frozen bottles of water.....plenty of blankets/sheets/pillows.....One roof A/C and 2 roll around A/C unites [should it get over 100 degrees for a week or two....a dehumidifier and 2 electric heaters[1500wt] and 2 fans....I like an electric blanket to sleep on as I sleep on the floor because of my back on a 2" carpet underlayment pad.....The other bed is a 7'-6" round foam bed that the girls sleep on...Or -I go to the truck cab [with electric A/C-refrig-TV-porta crapper and micro-if they want to talk all nite like a slumber party and play rock music and watch TV and talk on th3e cell phones to BF's....we travel as lite a possible and quickly as possible. I am equipped for Fishing-Hunting-Vacation in Florida-Truck and Rv shows and many local construction/equipment shows/auctions for overnite and weekend camping summer or winter....I just change the setup as needed.....I also have a 34,000btu pellet stove for below freezing temps and "ambiance"......I don't full time and I can only stand a 3 week vacation before I start pacing the floor....I'm more utilitarian than a lot of others but that is my style that I'm comfortable with.....my rig cost >$50K and with a little fluff and glitz would sell for $250k....geofkaye
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote