View Single Post
Old 03-23-2003, 06:59 PM   #16
onezman

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mike E:
Larry,
"they cannot be issued to the public. When I inquired as to how the public would be able to meet those requirements if not allowed to see them, she admitted that I had a good point but reiterated that her supervisor forbid giving out any copies to the public.
---------------------------

Hi Mike,

That sounds like total BS to me. The DMV people are notorious for making up requirements on the spot. What authority do they have to withhold public information?
National Security? Ha Ha. None. They have none. They simply don't want to register a tractor as a motorhome, so they will feed you a line. I know it can be done.
Bill Ramsey has done it. I have another customer in California who is going to seek help from Bill in getting his registered next week. Im betting he gets it done. I also recently sold another Volvo that will be going to Ca in about a month. I'M not saying its easy. I'M saying it can be done. If your vehicle meets the written requirements, you are able to go over the requirements point by point, and you are willing to stand up for your rights.

Later on,
Larry
onezman is offline   Reply With Quote