View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 08:16 PM   #24
rjbutler

Whenever a person buys a certain brand of anything (especially expensive things) feel they have made a choice to go with the best they can afford. I looked at the pics Dr Fun posted and they did a nice job. I think Transport Designs has come a long way. There were a couple of little things I would question but IMO he got a nice conversion.

Some conversions......
There are some conversions on here that I would seriously question and point out many questionable ways of doing things......just look at the pics and use common sense. How do the interior sheets not wrap when there are no nailers for the edge of the sheets? Lp tanks put in without a vented door or open to ground so the vapors can escape. Putting water and sewage tanks in then doing the sheeting......how do you ever service the tanks when they can't fit through the doors. 5.5 kw generator will run two roof airs......but not much else, too small why do it? Insulation compressed to studs has relatively no r-value.Square entrance and compartment doors went out 5 years ago, radius corners look nicer and cost the same, slam latches are required. New conversions with a crappy 3 piece shower surround. How are the basements heated? Square corners on coach are oudated and just plain shitty looking. How are the floors insulated? One horizontal 2x3 tube running lengthwise for the floor and a 2x2 running length wise for the roof is not enough to keep the twist out, not to mention securing the sheeting. No diagonal bracing of any kind.Undercoating is not a proper rustproffing for bare steel.Just some general obserations for you.

Randy
rjbutler is offline   Reply With Quote