View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 03:06 PM   #10
Elburn Bill

Thomas,

What are was referring to as "ridiculous" was these stretched out wheelbased tractors pulling a 48' flatbed or 53' box trailer. It makes manuevering very difficult and I am not even going to get into the length laws they are violating. I was not knocking their driving skills nor their trucks. As far as spending their hard-earned money on decking out their rigs, it does not bother me one bit. Everyone has their own taste and idea of good looking. I think some of these trucks look awesome and others are just too gaudy for my taste but I still admire the workmanship required to make the truck look the way it does.

Most of the trucks coming up my drive are O/O ... that is what makes it so scary!!!! I have only had 4-5 fleet drivers. The last guy took over 20 minutes to back the trailer into the barn (the overhead door is 14' x 16')! The previous driver did it in about 45 seconds. The same driver got lost and it took him 15 minutes to back up 60' and make a 90 degree turn up a side road. The roads were all 30+ feet wide! Just makes me wonder how those types of drivers are still on the road.