View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 03:02 PM   #6
anthony desnick

Mike
Getting there safe and rested:
1. 580,000 is nothing on these trucks. If it's been well cared for and serviced regularly, it should easily go another 500K. If you want to do a major rebuild, figure on 8K - 12K to get it done.

2. Look for a truck with an autoshift transmission. I've driven them both and the automatic is huge when considering fatique especially in urban driving conditions.

3.Single or dual axle is unrelated to the RV designation but will have an impact on ride comfort. You said your trailer is LONG. Is it heavy? A heavy trailer may suggest the need to keep the tandems.

4. The RV world needs to know that are other choices for cabinetry besides raised panel oak stained yellow. If I see more of it over the coming years I'll puke. For those who really and truly like it I applaude their choice but it has become the lowest common denominator. I have just taken a job as Director of Design for Halcon Corp. (www.halconcorp.com) and have had my eyes opened wide to the possibilities. I want to make my next coach out of sequenced matched figured sycamore. Beautiful stuff.

5. We desiged a 14 foot toter to pull a 53' semi trailer with the side entrance that worked much better because we could alleviate the need for all the extra space on the rear deck and the need for the hallway to go the full length. I'd be happy to dicuss with you if you like.

Good luck.

PS - Gary, thanks for the heads up on the typo. It wasn't the first (even in that post) and I'm certain it won't be the last. When can we design a coach for you?

Regards to all, Tony

www.toolsetmotorhomes.com
anthony desnick is offline   Reply With Quote