View Single Post
Old 01-21-2006, 09:59 PM   #7
KAYE RIVERCITY

....there are two kinda of rustproofing one has a parafien base made by Kendell-Ziebart-and a spray can made by Amsoil which works really well....There is another kind made by Rust-Oleum called Coal Tar Epoxy and it is rolled or sprayed on the bottom of ships and barges to keep rust and marine growth to a minimum.....what you got to do with that stuff is sandblast the metal first and then apply to a clean surface....the stuff is toxic as hell-kinda like death in a can -but will last forever on the bottom of vehicles.....we used to charge $12.00 sq ft prep and 2X coats.....underwater-on shoals and reef it will last at least 4-5 years in saltwater or freshwater...with the parafeinn based materials anyone can do it with a spayer or roller and brush or you can have Ziebart do it for $8.00 a sq ft....it will last for a year or so and then you have to have it checked to keep up your warranty.....I used it for years on my trucks -never had a rust through....Now I have my own sprayer and I use Ken-coat[what the US GOV uses for their army trucks made at S&S in Texas...A $120 dollar barrel does 6 cars and 5 P/U's I redue them every 3 years myself/or one of my employees does it if I can't work that day......geofkaye