View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 11:13 PM   #14
V8Rail

Quote:
Is there a European version website of Truck Conversions like this one?
I don't know there is a website, there are for sure some expedition conversion, but most are on chassis we would consider here MDT or smaller.

Quote:
How much more space do you pick up in a cabover and it is usable?
remember most everything is smaller, even newer towns and streets are not planned and build the way that they could handle a 75 foot conventional/trailer combo. IIRC the max trailer length is about 40 feet and max combination length is something around 56 feet. ALso most trucks run routes we would consider here city delivery runs and they are build for that. there are not many trucks that make 100,000 miles a year. but it is some years ago I was the last time in Europe and it has maybe changed a little.

Before I was the first time here in the US, I was thinking a Hymer (thats the Winnebago for the euros, hymer website actually they got much bigger then they was 15 years ago) is huge monster RV. About a year ago I saw one at Wallyworld in Kingman and the Cruise America Tioga next to it looked like it had double the room (for sure had double the engine, most euro RV's have very undersized engines)

Conversion on big rigs, most likely you will find it in scandinavia. Sweden has a big american car scene, you see there Kenworths (they have dealers up there), some really nice hot rods .... actually about 15 years ago I saw the first fifth wheel travel trailer in my life up there, US build, and was thinking that 28 foot trailer is a huge MF
V8Rail is offline   Reply With Quote