View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 07:59 AM   #17
Wick

Michael,
#1) This truck handles the wind and cross surrents very well. When we drove down across the bottom of Hurricane Katrina, I slept thru most of and did not even notice it.(except for the rain)
2) the ride is smooth enough that the items in the cuboards usually ride fine. The shelf's are lined with a liner. I usually will have a cup or drink sitting on the counter and it is still there when I stop.
3)As far as kitchen appliances, I just let the manufacturer of the coach select those. You can use ordinary appliances for the most part as they are generally cheaper, but some might not handle the rigors of travel.
4) I always fill up before I leave home. I only use my sanitary hose and have a filter attached to the supply line. If I need water on the road I will get it at a Flying J Truckstop from the RV service island. They have both drinking water and water to flush your holding tanks with. They also have a dump station as well at no cost.
5)See above. I set up a dump station at my shop to dump when I get home.
6)I do not know of any
7) The roads are required to post any heights that are below 13 feet 6 inches so I just look out for those.
8)I do not know of any. When stopping we will stop at Flying J truckstops or at a Walmart. They are the most RV friendly.
9)Optimal depends on what you are going to use the coach for.
10) You can on a new truck spec any setup or power plant you would like. On a used truck you just have to look for the right one.
11) I get around 9mpg when not towing and around 6.6 when towing.
12)I don't know about a 360 degree camera, but you can have several installed that display on the same monitor.
13) see Walter's reply
14)If you look at the links to the manufacturers on this site you can navigate to the dealers and find some close enough to you to go and look at and test drive some units. When we were first looking we found the dealers very recptive to us.
15) We use the good washer fluid and then when I need to I keep a long brush in the truck that I can use to clean the windshield. I have a hose attached with a spayer on it so I can rinse it off. Also whenever stopping for fuel we clean it at the truckstop.

Hope this helps. Show Hauler is the company that built this for us. You can pay anywhere from $135,000 to 350,000 or more for one.

Wick
Wick is offline   Reply With Quote