Thread: Insurance woes
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2003, 03:54 PM   #2
madbrit

Patrick,

You might find your problems stem from your own description of your vehicle. Having been involved in Bus Conversions for some time, it is a rule that once the bus is converted, even if it only a basic conversion so as to get the motorhome registration, you never refer to it as a bus, truck, conversion or anything other than a motorhome.

Once your registration states motorhome, then you contact your State Farm agent (they are known to be favorable in many instances) or a broker such as RVAA (RV Alliance America 800-521-2942) who are actively insuring bus conversions through companies such as Progressive. If you went direct to Progressive, they would probably state they don't insure such vehicles, well they do, but only through certain brokers.

I have had to register my FLD 120 as a commercial vehicle until it is registered as a motorhome. I am not tagging it until it is registered to avoid the Heavy Use Taxes, etc. If I have to drive it, Arizona very kindly allow me a certain amount of 4 day tags which are downloadable off their MVD website.

Hope this helps.

Peter.
madbrit is offline   Reply With Quote