View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 11:40 AM   #1
BravestDog

Here is a solution to removing graffiti from a painted truck.

Lacquer Thinner
removed the spray paint easily. Be careful, it's toxic. I think it can be absorbed through the skin so wear rubber chemical gloves and work in the outdoors or wear a respirator. It's also very flammable so be careful.

My E350 box van was just tagged a few weeks ago by some low life punk kid using the name of "Volt".

I want to catch this kid so bad. When I find him, if he's under 18, his parents will pay for new paint, hopefully, that is if they are employed...

If he's over 18, then he will pay...

I tried removing it with turpentine, but it didn't work.

Any suggestions on what to use to remove it?

Any suggestions on what to do to put the fear of God into these punks heads? Legal that is.

I'm thinking of posting flyers in the area that he tags and offer a reward for info leading to his arrest and conviction. One of his buddies may dislike him and deciede to turn him in for money.

A bad part about posting flyers on city poles, I could get cited by the Police for posting flyers. I would either have to pay the fine or contest it in court.

I could see myself in court:

Sir, you've been charged with Posting flyers on a pole, city code...

How would you like to plead?

Your honor, I was trying to catch the kid who tagged my truck and was offering a reward...

It doensn't matter. You have broken the law and now you must be punished.

But your honor, I was trying to catch the criminal who tagged my truck.

"Clack", as the judge slams down his hammer. That will be a $250 fine. Bailiff, grab that man before he tries to escape. Can't have that type of criminal behavior going on in our city, he needs to be punished...

But, but, but...
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote